In summer, the watermelon diet is ideal for weight loss. It’s effective, easy to make, and almost everyone loves the sweet taste of fragrant pulp. There are thousands of reviews on diets with impressive results. This is confirmed by before and after photos, as some have lost a few kg of weight. Losing weight in such an incredible way is definitely not boring and tedious if you create the right balanced menu for yourself every day.
The benefits of watermelon for weight loss
Watermelon is a real storehouse of trace elements. Juicy sweet pulp contains a large number of mineral compounds (phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron) and vitamins of groups A, B, E, PP, C. In terms of calories, the fruit is considered a diet: 100 g does not contain more than 40 kcal. At the same time, the sugar contained in the pulp is fully processed by the body and is not stored in fat reserves. This is one of the main reasons why watermelon is so popular with those who are losing weight. In addition to that magical property, weight loss occurs for several other reasons:
- most of the pulp is occupied by water (about 85-90%) with minerals and vitamins dissolved in it;
- due to the diuretic ability, excess stagnant fluid in the body is actively removed, thus reducing weight;
- liquids release toxins, toxins and other harmful compounds;
- increase cellular metabolism due to folic acid contained in the pulp;
- the feeling of fullness appears quickly because of the sweet taste.
The glycemic index of watermelon is 72 units, and 100 g of pulp contains only 5. 8 g of carbohydrates.
Principles of diet
Because of the above abilities, watermelon is quickly finding application in weight loss. Based on that, a diet designed for 3, 5, 10 days was developed. Nutritionists recommend fasting once or twice a week, this helps to lose a few kilos before some important events. If you want to achieve a more radical weight change, then you need to adhere to a certain diet for at least a week. When the desired result is achieved, you need to abandon the watermelon diet gradually and correctly so as not to experience weight gain.
The main principle of the watermelon diet is its diuretic effect. Daily fluid loss is 1 to 2 liters. Every day, you can throw 1-1. 5 kg, depending on initial weight, level of physical activity and lifestyle. However, we must not forget that losing weight on watermelon is a mono-diet, which means that during the day you may feel weak, a little dizzy and drowsy. If the situation only gets worse every day, and you feel that you do not have enough strength, but there is no energy surge, then you need to finish losing weight.
Prohibited and permitted products
In addition to watermelon, other foods listed in the list can be included in the daily diet:
- fresh and boiled vegetables;
- fermented milk products with a low percentage of fat content;
- skinny fish;
- lean red meat;
- chicken breast, turkey;
- fruits, mostly without sugar;
- chicken and quail eggs;
- Wheat bread;
- honey (in small amounts).
Of the forbidden foods, nutritionists advise to leave:
- sausages, smoked meats;
- canned food;
- fast food products (hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, noodles);
- chocolate milk;
- carbonated drinks;
- compotes, fruit drinks;
- baked goods and white bread.
The diet should be varied, then you will feel great, there will be no body discomfort. Every day you need to consume about 1300-1500 kcal.
Watermelon Diet Rules
Weight loss will be effective if you take into account several factors and follow them perfectly:
- Make sure you add protein in your daily diet. They will help maintain a feeling of fullness for a long time, and the energy supply will be replenished;
- drink at least 1. 5 liters of pure plain water. From drinks, you can drink green tea or non -mineral water;
- leaving out dangerous things: fast food, sweets are now banned for you;
- Avoid drinking alcohol. Weight loss and alcoholic beverages are incompatible things. Any drink containing alcohol, even in low concentrations, leads to the ugliness of starvation, water retention in the body;
- the time of maximum weight loss on the watermelon diet should not exceed 10 days. Then you have to interrupt for a while, for a period of about a month. After the break, you can resume eating.
The yield of watermelon diet can be from 2 to 6 kg in 7-10 days of its use. In addition to the obtained harmony and light appearance in the body, you will be able to save money, because in the summer of sweet fruits are sold at every step and cheap.
On a note! One of the disadvantages of the watermelon diet is the lack of fat and protein that results.
Get out of the diet
In order for the positive effects of the watermelon diet to last as long as possible, you need to be careful to leave it out. From food restrictions, a sharp appetite and craving for forbidden foods arise. But here you have to show perseverance and not succumb to attraction. Tips from a nutritionist will help you prevent damage and keep your body in order:
- return to normal diet gradually, increasing portion size slightly;
- in the early days, eat cereals boiled in water, with the addition of butter and kefir with a fat content of 2. 5%;
- include peanut paste and cereals in your diet;
- increase the number of servings up to 6-7 times.
But what not to do - pounce on candy, bread and other harmful products. You will not only ruin the results achieved, but also get stomach ache.
You can follow a watermelon diet only when you are confident in your health and there is no reason to worry. You should not limit yourself in diet if you have the following problems:
- kidney stones;
- gastrointestinal tract disease;
- pancreatic disease;
- liver disorders;
- heart disease;
- swelling of limbs and soft tissues.
The diuretic effects and ability to increase sugar make the watermelon diet dangerous for certain categories of people. You cannot lose weight this way for teenagers and children, as well as athletes and the elderly. Doctors do not recommend experimenting with figures if you are in a position, especially in the final stages, or are breastfeeding. Wait until the birth and breastfeeding phases are over, then you can start losing weight.
Reviews and advice from nutritionists
- "If you often have problems with the digestive system, then such a diet will only give you a lot of difficulties: constipation, bloating, and abdominal pain will become more frequent. To exclude such negative consequences, do not engage in amateur activities, instead consult your doctor. Most diseases in the early stages run without symptoms, and a watermelon diet can make them worse. For any discomfort, stop the weight loss and visit a therapist.
- "I can't say that the watermelon diet is healthy and will bring amazing results. Any weight loss, especially a sudden one, is stressful for the body. Along with weight loss comes various health problems, sometimes serious. My advice, if you decide to try to lose weight this way, make the diet as varied as possible. Add vegetables, whole grains, whole grains, white and red meats into it, excluding refined sugars and other useless light carbohydrates. Reduce portion sizes andexercise. This simple suggestion will have a positive effect on your weight, and you will immediately see how you lose weight.
Dietary options for watermelon
If you have no contraindications and are mentally ready to lose weight with a watermelon diet, then first choose the right staple - ripe watermelon. Buy only in a trusted place, and wash well before use. Nutrients and vitamins are found only in ripe fruits grown naturally, without the use of chemical fertilizers. There are 3 ways to lose weight: the 3 -day express method, the weekly diet and the 10 -day option.
Menu for 3 days
The most common and easy way to get rid of excess is to go on a watermelon diet for 3 days. It is not difficult at all, and weight loss will be 2-3 kg. On the day you need to eat about 5-7 kg of watermelon pulp. The norm is calculated based on your initial weight: for every 10 kg, 1 kg of pulp is needed. For example, your weight is 60 kg, meaning you need to eat 6 kg of watermelon per day. In addition, your diet should include:
- breakfast: oatmeal boiled in water, a slice of whole grain bread, a cup of tea;
- lunch: 150 g boiled chicken breast, a plate of vegetable salad;
- dinner: 150 g of lean cottage cheese.
Eat a watermelon about an hour before eating. This will help stave off hunger, so during lunch or dinner you will be full with less food.
Attention! The last meal should be no later than 4 hours before bedtime. Do not eat watermelon at night: you will not sleep well, and in the morning your whole face will swell.
Watermelon diet for 7 days, scheduled daily
If you want to achieve significant weight loss, then the weekly options suggested in table 1 are right for you.
|one||A plate of oatmeal, soft boiled chicken eggs||200 g of low -fat cottage cheese with fruit||Salad of tomatoes, cucumbers - 150 g, 100 g of boiled chicken breast|
|2||Cottage cheese casserole - 150 g||120 g of boiled beef with 200 ml of broth||Vegetable soup - a plate, slices of whole grain bread|
|3||2 boiled chicken eggs||150 g of steamed fish with fresh vegetable garnish||Chicken soup - 150 ml|
|4||150 g of lean cottage cheese||2 slices of whole grain bread with cheese||Soft boiled eggs|
|five||A plate of buckwheat porridge with an apple||130 g of steamed chicken fillet||Fruit salad with yogurt sauce - 200 g|
|6||Rice porridge boiled in water -150 g||Fish baked in the oven - 150 g||200 g of low -fat cottage cheese|
|7||a bowl of oats on the water||2 boiled chicken eggs||A few slices of whole grain bread filled with cheese|
Before each meal and during you need to eat a few pieces of watermelon. The daily norm is 5 kg, divide this amount evenly each day. From the drink it is allowed to drink a cup of natural black coffee without sugar and milk or green tea during the day, no more than a few cups.
For 10 days
If you want, you can increase the watermelon diet for 10 days, but only on the condition that you feel great and have no health complaints. The menu completely coincides with the diet for weekly options, if you want, you can replace the product, but only with similar calories. If you follow the described scheme and eat 4-5 kg of watermelon per day for 10 days, then after time passes you will be able to get rid of 6-8 kg.
Attention! With a 10 -day watermelon diet, reduce physical activity, otherwise you risk "overloading" the body.
Results and reviews with photos of those who lost weight
- "In the summer, I decided to experiment and try the watermelon diet in action. Homemade sweet fruits have just ripened in the garden. In general, during the week I ate one small watermelon (weighing 4-5 kg), but I ate a saladvegetables, boiled chicken. Dinner for the last time at 7 pm. A week later I stepped on the scales and was shocked. In 7 days I managed to lose almost 7 kg. I decided that I would lose weight on watermelon every summer, I loved it.
- "The problem of overweight always worries me, so I'm always looking for the right method to lose weight. I stumbled upon a watermelon diet, it seems easy for me. I chose the 10-day option. At first, I liked everything: sweet pulp interferes with appetiteeat, quench thirst. But on the fifth day, the watermelon is fed up, I do not want to eat it. It barely lasted 10 days, took measurements. I managed to lose 6 kg in a short period of time. I am satisfied with the result, but next time I will chooseoption for 3 or 7 days. "